Over the past few weeks we have been implementing various performance improvements, bug fixes, enhancements, and new features to the AERGO protocol following the release of v0.11.0. A summary of the updates to our testnet below released as part of AERGO v0.12.0 are below.
- Smart contracts now support events. Refer to the AERGO Lua reference for how to log events. The RPC API supports retrieving events both as a list and as a stream. Support in SDKs will be released soon.
- Easier configuration of genesis blocks for testnet and (future) mainnet
- The payload format of governance transactions has been changed to use JSON instead of a custom format.
- Genesis block generation breaking change: while genesis blocks for officially supported networks will be auto-generated, in private nets a genesis block is not generated automatically anymore. The previous behavior was prone to misconfiguration. Please generate the genesis block manually.
Update (03/08/2019) 0.12.1
We just conducted a 300,000 transaction transfer load test on our testnet, to test out the performance improvements and other updates we made in the AERGO 0.12.0 release. We also issued a small update 0.12.1.
We pushed 300,000 transactions which were all executed by the (currently) 13 block producers without interruption. This was done on the main testnet: http://testnet.aergoscan.io.
The test started at block height 82311, March 6th 2019, 16:02:32 KST. The test ended at block height 82361, March 6th 2019, 16:03:22 KST. Results:
- The test lasted 50 seconds, and 50 blocks were produced.
- An average of 6000 TPS were recorded with a peak of 9200 TPS.